Vertically stacked stators and rotors PMA.

GoVertical

Vertically stacked stators and rotors PMA.

Greetings, I have been working on a vertically stacked stators and rotors permanent magnet alternator.  The stators are wired in series with 8 coils per stators. I used 22 gauge wire, 2 in hand with 100 turns, but any size wire can be used. Each stator is offset the with of the coil leg to create a 3 phase configuration. 

There are four rotors. The inner two rotors are metal free and the outer rotors are metal backed. This configuration allows for ½ the magnets to be used and still forms the magnetic circuit of a traditional axial flux design.

The case is a 6 inch PVC coupler and the stator spacer are pieces of 6 inch PVC tubing.  Using off the shelve parts a 8 inch version with more coils and magnets could easily be configured. Hubs are used to attach the rotors to the central spinning axis.

I have found this configuration easy to fabricate, it allows for a increase in coil count while using less magnets then traditional fabrication techniques. The stators can be easily wired in a Star or Delta configuration.  I am currently waiting for warmer weather to complete testing.  From the limited test data that I was able to complete has shown that the increase coil count has created a higher voltage output at a lower RPM. Comments welcome. 

Pystysuoraan päällekkäin staattorit ja roottorit PMA.

Tervehdys, olen työskennellyt vertikaalisesti pinota staattorit ja roottorit kestomagneetti laturi. Staattorit on kytketty sarjaan 8 kelat kohti staattoreita. Käytin 22 paksuinen johto, 2 kädessä 100 kierrosta, mutta minkä kokoista johto voidaan käyttää. Jokainen staattori on offset kanssa sekä kelan jalka luoda 3 vaihe kokoonpano.

On neljä roottorit. Sisempi kaksi roottorit ovat metallia ilmaiseksi ja ulompi roottorit ovat metallia tukena. Tämä kokoonpano mahdollistaa ½ magneetteja voidaan käyttää ja muodostaa yhä loistevalojen perinteisen aksiaalivuokone design.

Jos on 6 tuuman PVC liitin ja staattorin Vanha ovat kpl 6 tuuman PVC-putkilla. Käyttämällä pois hyllyttämistä osat 8 tuuman versio lisää keloja ja magneetit voivat helposti konfiguroida. Hubit käytetään liittämään roottorit Keski pyörivät akselin ympäri.

Olen huomannut tämän kokoonpanon helppo valmistaa, se mahdollistaa kasvun kela laskea käyttämällä vähemmän magneetteja sitten perinteinen valmistustekniikalla. Staattorit helposti kytketty tähti tai kolmio kokoonpano. Olen tällä hetkellä odottaa lämpimämmän ja täydellinen testaus. Rajoitetusta testitulokset että pystyin loppuun on osoittanut, että kasvu kela määrä on luotu suurempi lähtöjännite on pienempi RPM. Kommentit tervetulleita.

GoVertical

Greetings, I fabricated metal back rotors for a vertically stacked stator and rotor PMA.  There are two stators with 9 coils. They have been wired to six coils per phase.
Results from today’s testing.
Stator resistance 3 ohms. 
Open Voltage AC:  RPM’s
      13.5                    200
      26.0                    400
      52                        800

I was unable to test current. I have to purchase diodes.

Tervehdys, olen metallituotteiden takaisin roottorit ja vertikaalisesti pinota staattori ja roottori PMA. On kaksi staattoreita kanssa 9 kelat. Ne on kaapeloitu kuusi keloja per vaihe.
Tulokset tänään testaukseen.
  Staattorin resistanssi 3 ohmia.
Avoinna Jännite AC: RPM: n
        13.5 200
        26.0 400
        52 800

En voinut testata nykyisen. Täytyy ostaa diodit jotta voin testata nykyisen.

GoVertical

Greetings, I am reworking the 6 inch diameter stacked stators and rotors PMA. I found a 3 foot 5/8 shaft that fits my bearings and hubs. This will allow adding a second hub and spoke assembly to be added.  This will make the blades easier to assemble to the PMA and more stable during operation.  I added ¾ x 1 inch magnets to all the rotors. I still have to cut the grooves for the connection wires and fabricate the new mast mount. Once standard size parts are established fabrication of more units will progress at a faster rate. 

http://[http://runetec.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dspacertopmagplate.jpg.w300h400.jpg/img]

[img]http://runetec.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dspacertopmagplate.jpg.w300h400.jpg

PoLe

tämähän on mielenkiintoinen aihe... :)
itse olen pähkäillyt myös peräkkäisiä staattori-roottorimalleja.. vähän niinkuin tekisi "kerroshampurilaista" 8)
tällä tavalla saisi halkaisijaakin pienemmäksi aksiaalivuogenusta.

ainut vain että mitä ainetta on tuo NON metallic tavara?
alumiini on kallista.. jos tekisi epoksista?
miten saa kestomagneetit pysymään pyörivässä roottorissa?
Energian tuottotiheys on kyllä tuommoisessa staattorimallissa aivan huippuluokkaa.. jos puhutaan yli 10kW tehoista niin uskoisin että ilman jäähdytystä ei genu tule oikein toimimaan.

GoVertical

Greetings, I use plastic board for the middle magnet rotors.  I have been doing a lot of fabricating since my last post. I made a 3 phase, 3 stator, 12 coils per phase star with 1 to 7 belt drive. I use a 12 volt deep cell for a test load.  Because the stators have input and output connections I can connect the stators many different ways.
I configured the PMA using just 2 stators to form a 3 phase star, 8 coils per phase. Phase to phase resistance = 9 ohms.

Rotor RPM_____Voc DC
100____________15
200____________30
300____________45
400____________60
500____________75

Rotor RPM_____Vin DC____Amps in____Amps out
100____________16.5______? _________0.2
200____________27.3______0.2________1.0 
300____________28.8_____ 2.0_________5.0___Vout = 12.8Vdc

Free wheeling diode temp = 82 degrees F
50% duty cycle
test fixture limit 300 RPM using load

Vout = 12 volt deep cell test load
measurements ball park , 60 Watts appears to be the limit of test fixture under load.

I am testing the PMA with a DC to DC step down converter; a Buck converter; The circuit has a 450 volt input limit and a 15 amp max output. The circuit takes a high voltage with low current at the input and converts it to a lower voltage with higher current at the output. It will also help match the PMA to the blades because it is a manually adjusted duty cycle.

I am now testing a F&P radial flux PMA, it was a washing machine motor but it has a very high current output at low RPMs. I will post test results when available. I also have to increase the size of my blades but they good for testing. 

Tervehdys, käytän muovia lautakunta keskellä magneettiroottorin. Olen tehnyt paljon fabricating jälkeen viimeinen viesti. Tein 3-vaihe, 3 staattori, 12 kelat vaihetta kohti tähti 1-7 hihna. Käytän 12 voltin syvä solun testikuorma. Koska staattorit ovat tulo-ja lähtöliitännät voin liittää staattorit monin eri tavoin. Asensin PMA käyttäen vain 2 staattoreiden muodostaa 3-vaihe tähden, 8 kelat per vaihe. Vaiheiden vastus = 9 ohmia. Roottorin RPM_____Voc DC 100____________15 200____________30 300____________45 400____________60 500____________75 Roottorin RPM_____Vin DC____Amps in____Amps ulos 100____________16.5______? _________0.2 200____________27.3______0.2________1.0 300____________28.8_____ 2.0_________5.0___Vout = 12.8Vdc Vapaavaihdeautomatiikka diodi lämpötila = 82 ° F 50% kuormituksella testausalustasta raja 300 rpm käyttäen kuorman Vout = 12 voltin syvälle solu testikuorma mittaukset osunut, 60 W näyttää olevan raja testausalustasta kuormitettuna. Olen testaus PMA ja DC-DC askel alas muunnin, Buck-muuntimen, piiri on 450 voltin tulon rajan ja 15 A max teho.Piiri ottaa korkea jännite alhainen virtaa tulo-ja muuntaa sen alhaisempi jännite on suurempi virran teho. Se auttaa myös vastaamaan PMA on terät, koska se on manuaalisesti käyttömäärä. Olen nyt testaus F & P säteittäisen virtauksen PMA: lla, se oli pesukoneen moottori, mutta sillä on erittäin suuri virtalähtö alhaisessa kierrosluvuilla. Laitan testituloksia, kun käytettävissä. Minulla on myös kasvattaa kokoa minun terää mutta hyvä testaukseen.

toolStator.jpg

RS.jpg

side.jpg

PMA.jpg

a1.jpg

carpmatest.jpg

PMA.jpg

FOD3180testCircuitConcept.JPG

PoLe

Do you have warming problem in your stator, if the generator producing example 1 kW in one hour?
I mean that if you sealed this generator model, how works air cooling inside the generator?

I sealed my axial flux generator with little air holes, but i noticed that when my generator producing about 2-4kW allmost 4 hours, temperature in stator was almost 100 degrees of celsius.
It's too much because permanent magnets might be unusable.

GoVertical

Hi, because I am testing with a Buck converter there is no heat build up in the stator. Must of the power is transferred to the load and the stators stay cool. Here are videos that explain how the circuit works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TE38SOdf64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JcC--1urUw

Hei, koska olen kokeiltiin Buck muunnin ei ylikuumene ja staattori. Must on valta siirtyy kuorman ja staattorit pysyä viileänä. Tässä ovat videot, miten piiri toimii. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TE38SOdf64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JcC--1urUw

Se on uudempi ajatuksen ja se toimii hyvin.